Generic Mirapex (pramipexole) are used to treat signs and symptoms of Parkinson's disease and for the treatment of Restless Legs Syndrome. Generic Mirapex has been a trusted treatment for Parkinson's disease for over 12 years! Order Generic Mirapex today and finally experience better health.
Generic Mirapex is also marketed as Mirapexin, Sifrol, and Pramipexole.
*Mirapex® is manufactured by Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group.
Generic Mirapex has some of the same effects as a chemical called dopamine, which occurs naturally in your body. Low levels of dopamine in the brain are associated with Parkinson's disease. Generic Mirapex is used in the treatment of restless legs syndrome; Parkinson's disease; periodic limb movement disorder and belongs to the drug class dopaminergic antiparkinsonism agents.
Take Generic Mirapex exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
The dose and timing of Generic Mirapex in treating Parkinson's disease is different from the dose and timing in treating Restless Legs Syndrome. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Generic Mirapex can be taken with or without food. Take the medication with food if it upsets your stomach. Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow it whole. Breaking the tablet may cause too much of the medicine to be released at one time.
If you are taking this medication for Restless Legs Syndrome, tell your doctor if your symptoms get worse, if they occur in the morning or earlier than usual in the evening, or if you feel restless symptoms in your hands or arms.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Mirapex: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking Generic Mirapex and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- extreme drowsiness, falling asleep suddenly, even after feeling alert;
- nausea, sweating, feeling light-headed, fainting;
- muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness with fever or flu symptoms and dark colored urine;
- chest discomfort, dry cough, feeling short of breath;
- feeling weak or tired, loss of appetite, rapid weight loss;
- fast or uneven heartbeats; or
- tremors, twitching or uncontrollable movements of your eyes, lips, tongue, face, arms, or legs.
Less serious Generic Mirapex side effects may include:
- dry mouth, stomach pain, vomiting, constipation;
- headache, dizziness, spinning sensation;
- mild drowsiness;
- swelling in your hands or feet;
- appetite or weight changes;
- blurred vision;
- sleep problems (insomnia), unusual dreams;
- amnesia, forgetfulness, thinking problems; or
- impotence, loss of interest in sex, or trouble having an orgasm.
This is not a complete list of Generic Mirapex side effects and others may occur.
Some people taking Generic Mirapex have fallen asleep during normal daytime activities such as working, talking, eating, or driving. You may fall asleep suddenly, even after feeling alert. Tell your doctor if you have any problems with daytime sleepiness or drowsiness. If you are unsure of how this medicine will affect you, be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of Generic Mirapex.
You may have increased sexual urges, unusual urges to gamble, or other intense urges while taking Generic Mirapex. Talk with your doctor if you believe you have any intense or unusual urges while taking Mirapex.
If you are taking Generic Mirapex for rest leg syndrome (RLS), tell your doctor if your symptoms get worse, if they occur in the morning or earlier than usual in the evening, or if you feel restless symptoms in your hands or arms.
Cold or allergy medicine, sedatives, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression or anxiety can add to sleepiness caused by Generic Mirapex. Tell your doctor if you regularly use any of these medicines, or any other medicines for Parkinson's disease.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- amantadine (Symmetrel);
- cimetidine (Tagamet);
- diltiazem (Cardizem, Cartia, Dilacor, Tiazac);
- ranitidine (Zantac);
- quinidine (Quin-G);
- triamterene (Dyrenium);
- Generic verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin);
- medicine to prevent or treat nausea and vomiting, such as Generic Maxolon (Reglan, Metozolv) or promethazine (Pentazine, Phenergan, Anergan, Antinaus); or
- medicine to treat psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), fluphenazine (Permitil, Prolixin), haloperidol (Haldol), thiothixene (Navane), thioridazine (Mellaril), and others.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Mirapex.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store Generic Mirapex at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep away from children and pets.